1. Interfacing with members of the Business Development and Proposals Departments (and others as required) with initial assessments for projects at bid stage which have been identified as suitable targets for the Company.
2. Action requests from the Proposals Department in respect of all “go” status tenders including the critical review of terms and conditions. Preparation and presentation of a detailed report highlighting any onerous provisions together with recommended amendments and / or deletions from the proposed contractual agreement issued in the RFP/ITT/ITN.
3. Assisting the Proposals team in reviewing identified risks and opportunities with possible mitigation measures.
4. Where the Company acts as a Subcontractor ensure that the Main Contractor’s terms and conditions reflect those proposed within the Subcontractor’s RFP/ITT/ITN including identifying any instances where these may be more onerous that the Main Contract.
5. Participate in parallel discussions with key Subcontractors in respect of active tenders to ensure their respective bids are compliant with both the Main Contract and the Company’s policies and that their financial terms of supply and/or execution are fully understood by Proposals Department when included in the bid.
6. Liaison with relative members of associated departments and drafting of necessary agreements
Professional Qualification Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS)
Education Bsc or above degree in Quantity Surveying (perhaps Construction Management)
(a) Excellent communicator - written and oral
(b) Contractor environment exposure and not solely Consultant based.
(c) Post contract experience including high level of competency in contracts administration including : -
(i) Adherence to the notification process for variations, claims and associated EOTs
(ii) Submission of interim applications for payment required by the Employers
(iii) Preparation, submission and agreement of Final Accounts
(iv) Subcontractor and Supplier financial management
(v) Ability to identify possible V.Os once the project commences on site.
(d) Can demonstrate commercial acumen
(e) Ability to meet or exceed deadlines without compromising integrity of output.
(f) Lateral thinker and problem solver.
(g) Ability to function in a team environment.
(h) Understanding of commercial process of tender submissions to key clients.
(i) An acceptable level of technical understanding in respect of the spectrum of construction, EPC and F & M projects being executed in the MENA region.
(j) Middle East Experience.
(k) Fluent English speaker.
(l) Expert user level on Microsoft Word & Excel, working knowledge of other industry standard software including Primavera.
(m) Flexibility to adapt to the departmental deliverables required by senior management.
(n) An excellent negotiator; well organized; enjoys administration and progressing of matters to achieve results.
- Job Location: Egypt
- Job Role: Contracts Administration / Management
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Career Level: Management
- Years of Experience: Min: 8
- Residence Location: Egypt
- Gender: Male
- Current Nationality: Egypt